Halloween is creeping up on you. Wouldn’t you love to give the neighborhood a fright they’ll remember? With new home automation technology, it’s easier than ever to bring ghoulies and ghosties to life. Check out these frightful Halloween home automation ideas to ensure Halloween night is an absolute scream.
- Monsters Emerge As Night Falls: Many lawns are now decorated with inflatable monstrosities of every kind, but leaving them plugged in wastes a lot of energy. Set your dastardly decorations up on smart plugs that turn off during the day and activate when night falls. The neighborhood will watch your front yard slowly fill with monsters as darkness descends.
- Ghosts At Your Window: With a motorized drapery controller and a ghostly decoration, you can set it up so a ghost will randomly fly across your window every now and then. Giving trick or treaters on the outside a small fright when they see something move in the darkened windows.
- A Breath Of Foul Air: With motion detectors and a fog machine hooked up to a smart plug you can have the machine spray a stream of fog at trick or treaters as they approach your door, causing them to shriek with surprise.
- Spooky Music And Screams In The Night: With a few well-placed wireless speakers and a good home automation app, you can stream spooky music throughout every room of your home. But why stop there? Set up creepy sound effects on a random timer and watch as Halloween house guests jump at the creaky doors, evil laughter, and bloodcurdling screams that echo down the shadowy corridors of your home.
- Terrifying Television: With a smart TV you can set your screen to some spooky static or any other terrifying image you’d like. You can even make it so that if anyone changes the channel the TV will turn itself back. Guests will think your home is haunted when the channels start changing themselves.
- Flickering Lights: Smart lighting allows you to set scenes that automatically activate at a certain time. Using this technology, you can program your lights to randomly flicker throughout the night.
- Halloween Hues: Smart lighting also allows you to change the color of your lights. Exchange the bright white lights of everyday life for the spooky orange and purple of Halloween.
- Doorbell To Die For: With a smart doorbell you can replace the ordinary chime with a horrifying sound. You can even program the lights to flicker and a fog machine to go off. The neighbors will have to muster up real courage before ringing your bell.
- Death’s Door: With a motion sensor and an automatic door opener you can give your neighbors a real fright. Nothing will send more chills down their spine then when they go to knock and the door opens for them. Once guests enter your newly haunted home, you can even program the door to shut itself behind them. Add smart locks and watch as guests try to leave only to find the recently open door now locked to keep them inside.
- Somebody’s Watching: With security cameras throughout the interior and exterior of your home you can watch all the spooky happenings from one secret location. A great way to keep an eye on kids and make sure they’re safe. Combine this with all the fog machines, smart lights, and scary sounds to set off any of your fearful decorations when it will scare people the most.
Alarm Monitoring Services Of Atlanta provides home automation services for the local Atlanta area. They would be more than happy to set your household up with home automation equipment so you can haunt your home for Halloween. Try out home automation this haunted Halloween night and be prepared for the screams!